Meadowbrook Farm Bed & Breakfast is located on 30 acres in the historic Chuckatuck area of Suffolk, VA.
This 30 acre parcel was originally part of a 200 acre working dairy and livestock farm by the same name, and many of the original farm structures remain on the property today. Today’s agricultural activities at Meadowbrook are limited to raising chickens, grazing black angus cattle in the pasture, an extensive vegetable and fruit garden, fruit trees, and pecan trees. The guest cottage which now includes the Cottage Garden Room and the Suite Retreat was the original detached kitchen from the mid-1800’s. The cooking fireplace and chimney remain intact today, although no longer operational. The original main residence was demolished and replaced by the current two story Georgian style brick home in 1948. Currently, Meadowbrook is the only bed & breakfast in Suffolk, VA.
Your innkeepers Allen & Debbie Bryant purchased this property in 1997, with the vision of opening their home as a bed & breakfast after retiring from their civil engineering careers. After several years of renovations and visiting other bed & breakfasts throughout the country to collect ideas, they have incorporated numerous features and amenities to pamper their guests.
Our Guests can enjoy:
- Full gourmet breakfast featuring our own or locally grown products and our own farm fresh eggs
- Fresh baked cookies at check in
- Complimentary wine and cheese each evening
- 24 hour coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Free WIFI
- Flat screen HDTVs with DVD players in all guest rooms
- Library of DVD movies
- Luxurious bath towels and fluffy bathrobes in all guest rooms
- On site heated & air conditioned game room
- Refrigerators for guest use – stocked with complimentary drinks and snacks
- Brochures for local attractions
- Listings of local restaurants (for lunch and dinner)
- Tandem bicycle for use by guests
Allen and Debbie will be happy to offer suggestions for local day trips, make dinner reservations, provide maps for local bike rides, or assist you in any way possible to turn your stay with us into a cherished memory.
We do have a few policies:
- Our guest rooms are furnished for single or double occupancy, and not suitable for children under 16 years of age
- No smoking is permitted inside any of our buildings.
NOTE: Failure to comply with our no smoking policy will result in a $200.00 cleanup fee charged to your credit card.
- We love Macey our dog and Emmy our cat, and we are sure your pets are just as lovable, however we are not able to accommodate visiting pets
- Check in time is from 4:00 – 7:00 PM. Please notify us if you need an earlier or later time.
- Check out time is noon
- Breakfast is served each day from 8:00 – 10:00 AM.
- Cancellation policy – reservations can be cancelled with a full refund of your deposit within 14 days of your arrival date. Later cancellations cannot be refunded, but a credit will be issued for a future stay